Both systems developed by Rafael. The systems are actively used in the Israel Defense Forces and armies around the world. The combat-proven Rafael systems are the subject of continuous improvement, update and modernisation; solutions are enhanced based on their operational use, which makes Rafael systems gain international recognition. They have proven their effectiveness in combat on numerous occasions. Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd. designs, develops, manufactures and supplies a wide range of high-tech defence systems for air, land, sea and space applications; these are delivered to the Israeli Defense Forces and the Israeli defence company and many other customers around the world. The company offers its customers a diverse range of innovative, world technology forefront solutions. Rafael is one of Israel’s three largest defence companies, with 8,000 employees and numerous subcontractors and service providers.
Rafael joins the International Defence Industry Exhibition in Poland to present its air defence systems, advanced communication technology and the SPIKE missile family, which includes the following systems:
- IRON DOME: The Iron Dome Missile Defense System is the world’s only multi-role system that provides combat-proven defense against missiles, artillery and mortars (C-RAM), aeroplanes, helicopters, UAVs, PGMs and cruise missiles. A highly mobile dual mission system, the Iron Dome protects against incoming threats launched from up to 70 kilometres away, both on land and at sea. Since the first successful interception (operation in April 2011), Rafael’s IRON DOME has proven to be one of the most groundbreaking air defense systems.
- DRONE DOME: an innovative, comprehensive, combat-proven Unmanned Aerial System (C-UAS), providing rapid defence in all weather conditions in over a 360 degree range
- SPIKE MISSILE FAMILY & THE NLOS (6th GENERATION): The EO SPIKE family – multi-purpose guided missiles provides incredible precision up to 32 km in the air, on land and at sea. The SPIKE family variants have been purchased by thirty-nine countries, including nineteen NATO countries, and have been integrated into forty-five different vehicles, helicopters and offshore platforms; the system is comprised of:
- SPIKE NLOS: SPIKE NLOS (Non-Line-Of-Sight)
- Advanced package for helicopters
- SPIKE NLOS 6th generation
- DAVID’S SLING: A complete medium and long range air and missile defence system, David’s Sling provides a wide range use and extended protection. Its advanced, multi-role fighter – known as the Stunner or SkyCeptor – offers unparalleled affordability and flexibility. The Stunner is a hit-to-kill air defence interceptor that targets long range artillery missiles (LRARs), short range ballistic missiles (SRBMs), maneuvering missiles (CM) and traditional air defence threats – designed as “plug and play” in air and missile defence systems.
- BNET SDR Family: This family of advanced tactical broadband radio solutions IP-MANET (Mobile Ad Hoc Network) Software Defined Radio (SDR) provides reliable, fastand and without daleyed connectivity in broadband and video transission in motion. In October 2021 Rafael unveiled the BNET Nano, a new variant – compact enough to fit in the palm of your hand.
TROPHY APS: As the world’s only operational, battle-proven Active Armoured Fighting Vehicle protection system, the TROPHY APS detects, classifies and attacks incoming threats and provides unmatched survivability and manoeuvrability in all vehicle classes. TROPHY creates a neutralising bubble around a vehicle. The system quickly detects, classifies, and attacks all known chemical energy (CE) threats – including recoilless rifles, anti-tank missiles, anti-tank missiles, cumulative tank missiles and RPG grenade launchers.